Wirenet Image Band
wirenet.org mobile image band
× Have a question on lubricants, wire drawing, quality, testing, ISO, environmental? Post your question here to get the answer!

conductor elongation tester standard specification

• Mr Rodel Fernandez Lua
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #2831 by Mr Rodel Fernandez Lua
conductor elongation tester standard specification was created by Mr Rodel Fernandez Lua
Hello Sir Good day,
Maybe if you could help me with this one.

According to standards, the length sample (conductor) must be 25mm. We brought an elongation tester and i verified the length of the jigs it is only 24.9mm. Is this acceptable? i want to know if there is a tolerance on the equipment.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Peter J Stewart-Hay.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #2832 by Peter J Stewart-Hay
Replied by Peter J Stewart-Hay on topic conductor elongation tester standard specification
Hello,
This is a straightforward reply.
If there is a tolerance on the length of the conductor in the tester itself, it will be in your Standard. I suggest you look up the Standard and read it carefully. If the Standard does not allow a tolerance, then the tester must be modified.

Cheers

Regards,
Peter J. Stewart-Hay Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Peter J Stewart-Hay.

More
9 years 1 week ago #2843 by Richard Burke
Replied by Richard Burke on topic conductor elongation tester standard specification
A quick simple test would be to run the tester until the elongation indicator displays a number that is approximately 5 cm. Read what is indicated as accurately as you can. Measure the physical distance of the items where you previously measured 24.9. Subtract the 24.9 from the measured distance. Divide that distance by 24.9. Does sit equal the number shown on the elongation indicator. If it does you really don't have a problem as you are getting a fairly accurate elongation measurement.

More
8 years 10 months ago #2851 by Richard Burke
Replied by Richard Burke on topic conductor elongation tester standard specification
24.9 cm is 99.6% of 25 cm. That is nearly negligible error in the big scope of things and should not be a problem.

Moderators: Erik A MacsPeter J Stewart-Hay
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Gallery

Contact us

The Wire Association Int.

71 Bradley Road, Suite 9

Madison, CT 06443-2662

P: (203) 453-2777