Wirenet Image Band
wirenet.org mobile image band
× Have a question on lubricants, wire drawing, quality, testing, ISO, environmental? Post your question here to get the answer!

Ceramifiable LSOH compound

• Mr Bhognath Shivapurapu
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago #2811 by Mr Bhognath Shivapurapu
Ceramifiable LSOH compound was created by Mr Bhognath Shivapurapu
Hi,

Appreciate if any could tell me where I could buy subject compounds in the market besides AEI compounds. I am looking for a compound which will pass the CWZ test of BS 6387 especially so the W test.

Thanking you in advance

Bhognath

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #2813 by Peter J Stewart-Hay
Replied by Peter J Stewart-Hay on topic Ceramifiable LSOH compound
Hello Bhognath:

AEI is world famous for their specialty compounds All compound manufacturers then work very hard to get their particular compound specified in one or more standards.

I have no understanding of any other compound that will pass British Standard 6387, Categories C, W & Z. This is a specification for performance requirements for cables required to maintain circuit integrity under actual fire conditions. You also indicated that this is a ceramifiable compound meaning that it is a polymer–ceramic composite.

If this is a PVC based compound:, Alibaba.com lists a number of Chinese companies that manufacture low smoke, zero halogen compounds www.alibaba.com/halogen-free-cable-compound-manufacturers.html but you will have to do the legwork there to see if you can find one or more that fit your complete requirements.

Likewise AlphaGary Wire and Cable products may have something. I suggest you contact them:

AlphaGary Corporation
170 Pioneer Drive
Leominster, MA 01453 USA
www.alphagary.com/

I suggest you ask them two questions:

1) Do they have such a compound and if not,
2) Can they recommend a reliable North American or European compounder besides AEI

You have made this very difficult for us because we are not going to purchase the expensive BS specification for your query and you have not given us the compound number and type of the approved AEI compound. We therefore have little understanding as to the actual polymer compound you are referencing.and how it is processed.

Perhaps the cable is manufactured with ceramifiable silicone rubber tapes from say Shenzhen Anpin Silicone Material Co., Ltd. (Guangdong, China) www.ecvv.com/product/4334703.html or with a ceramifiable silicone rubber compound.

We do however suspect that it is actually a ceramifiable silicone rubber compound. We have posted your question on a number of worldwide Linkdin wire and cable groups but so far there has been no reply.

Depending on the gauge size this could be extruded and cured on a horizontal, slant or steam CCV line. Likewise, it could be cured in an steam autoclave after first being coated in a standard horizontal rubber extruder and then over coated with polypropylene to prevent adjacent layers on the reel from amalgamating in the autoclave.

Regards,
Peter J. Stewart-Hay Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Peter J Stewart-Hay.

• Mr Bhognath Shivapurapu
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago #2814 by Mr Bhognath Shivapurapu
Replied by Mr Bhognath Shivapurapu on topic Ceramifiable LSOH compound
Hi Peter,
I contacted AlphaGary and found a compound which will meet the requirement. I aim to run some plant trials as soon as I receive the compound.

Thank you for your tip.

Regards

Bhognath

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #2816 by Peter J Stewart-Hay
Replied by Peter J Stewart-Hay on topic Ceramifiable LSOH compound
From Linkdin we learned the following today:

James Law Manager at Shenzhen Anpin Silicone Material Co., Ltd. advised that apart from their company:

"According our customer's feedback, they used Wacker, Dow Corning, Bluestar, and Shinestu ceramifiable compounds Hope it is a reference for you."

These may all be ceramifiable silicone rubber compounds.

Regards,
Peter J. Stewart-Hay Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Peter J Stewart-Hay.

More
9 years 3 months ago #2824 by Mr James Law
Replied by Mr James Law on topic Ceramifiable LSOH compound
Hello Bhongnath,

Good day.

I am James, from Anpin Silicone. We are manufacturing ceramifiable low smoke ozeo halogen silicone compound for cables. Could you tell us what we can do for you?

Best regards,
James
Attachments:

Moderators: Erik A MacsPeter J Stewart-Hay
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

Gallery

Contact us

The Wire Association Int.

71 Bradley Road, Suite 9

Madison, CT 06443-2662

P: (203) 453-2777